Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate – Lawrenceville, GA
About Metro Wire & Cable Company:
Metro Wire & Cable is one of the nation’s top 150 electrical distributors. We provide warehousing, supply chain, and delivery services of wire and cable products for a broad spectrum of markets. These markets include public utilities, electrical contractors, wind farm developers, commercial and industrial HVAC industries, traffic signal and airport lighting contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) and the security industry. Metro Wire was founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1976 and then went on to establish its southeast Regional Distribution Center in Atlanta, Georgia in 1981, and then it’s Midwest Regional Distribution Center in Iowa City, Iowa in 2008. The company is now headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan and maintains extensive inventories tailored specifically to customer requirements at each location.
We are looking for a local delivery driver/warehouse associate to join our growing team in Lawrenceville, GA!
- Pulling and returning stock from inventory
- Cutting, spooling, and packaging wire/cable
- Shipping and receiving paperwork in a full-barcoding warehouse (packing slips, labels, bill of lading, etc.)
- Operating forklift; loading and unloading
- Driving of company supplied vehicle (van or stake trucks) for local pick-ups and deliveries
- Cleaning, sweeping, maintenance of the building, vehicles, and equipment, inside and outside
- Operation of all wire cutting machines and related equipment
- Physical inventory
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Must have a clean driving record
- Valid chauffeur’s driver’s license
- Previous warehouse and driving experience
- A minimum education of a high school diploma
- Ability to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) health and safety evaluation (as needed), drug test and background check
Why Work at Metro Wire and Cable?
- Competitive Pay: Starting at $18.00/hour, depending on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing programs
- $25,000 company paid life insurance policy
- Great company culture, strong industry reputation and unlimited growth potential.
- Company-wide trips every 5 years
- Full-time, on-site, Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
- Overtime is available as requested