Sales – Iowa City, IA
This position is an inside/outside sales position with a distributor of electrical and electronic wire and cable. With multiple positions open in Iowa City (IA), Detroit (MI), and Atlanta (GA), each individual will join a team working in a specific region of the United States.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone solicitation including cultivating new accounts and follow-up calls to maintain customer contact
- Personal customer contact during working hours and possibly evenings, special events, and weekends (ex. visitation, lunches, dinners, entertainment and sporting events)
- Spot purchasing and expediting
- Preparation of quotes
- Obtaining and delivering the product to customers, as required
- Mailing and delivering literature, samples and other promotional items
- Providing assistance to other salesperson’s accounts, when necessary
- Total participation in marketing and product knowledge programs
- Attending all sales meetings, and individually preparing materials for sales meetings as assigned
- Pricing and editing all sales forms
- Performing any and all assigned duties
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Previous, proven sales experience
- Base salary plus competitive commission and bonuses
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing programs
About Metro Wire & Cable Company:
Metro Wire & Cable, one of the Nation’s top two-hundred electrical distributors, provides warehousing, supply chain, and delivery services of wire and cable products for a broad spectrum of markets. These markets include public utilities, electrical contractors, wind farm developers, commercial and industrial HVAC industries, traffic signal and airport lighting contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) and the security industry. Metro Wire, founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1976, established its Southeast Regional Distribution Center in Atlanta, Georgia in 1981, and it’s Midwest Regional Distribution Center in Iowa City, Iowa in 2008. The company, now headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan, maintains extensive inventories tailored specifically to customer requirements at each location.