Warehouse Associate – Sterling Heights, MI
Website MetroWireCable Metro Wire & Cable
About Metro Wire & Cable Company:
Metro Wire & Cable is one of the nation’s top 150 electrical distributors. We provide warehousing, supply chain, and delivery services of wire and cable products for a broad spectrum of markets. These markets include public utilities, electrical contractors, wind farm developers, commercial and industrial HVAC industries, traffic signal and airport lighting contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) and the security industry. We are looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our growing team!
- Pulling and returning stock from inventory
- Cutting, spooling, and packaging wire/cable
- Shipping and receiving paperwork in a full-barcoding warehouse (packing slips, labels, bill of lading, etc.)
- Operating forklift; loading and unloading
- Driving of company supplied vehicle (van or stake trucks) for local pick-ups and deliveries (if you have a chauffeur’s license).
- Cleaning, sweeping, maintenance of the building, vehicles, and equipment, inside and outside
- Operation of all wire cutting machines and related equipment
- Physical inventory
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Preferred but not required: Chauffeur’s driver’s license and a clean driving record. The goal is for this candidate to move up in their position to being a warehouse associate/local delivery driver. We are willing to work with you and have you get a chauffeur’s license at a later date.
- Previous warehouse and driving experience
- A minimum education of a high school diploma
- Ability to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) health and safety evaluation (as needed), drug test and background check
Why Work at Metro Wire and Cable?
- Competitive Pay: Starting at $18.00/hour then $18.50/hour after a successful 90-day introductory period, depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing programs
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Great company culture, strong industry reputation and unlimited growth potential
- Company-wide trips every 5 years
- Every Thursday we have a bagel breakfast in our café!
- Full-time, Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
- Overtime is available as requested