Sales Assistant – Iowa City, IA
About Metro Wire & Cable Company:
Metro Wire & Cable is one of the nation’s top 150 electrical distributors. We provide warehousing, supply chain, and delivery services of wire and cable products for a broad spectrum of markets. These markets include public utilities, electrical contractors, wind farm developers, commercial and industrial HVAC industries, traffic signal and airport lighting contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) and the security industry. Metro Wire was founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1976 and then went on to establish its southeast Regional Distribution Center in Atlanta, Georgia in 1981, and then it’s Midwest Regional Distribution Center in Iowa City, Iowa in 2008. The company is now headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan and maintains extensive inventories tailored specifically to customer requirements at each location.
We are seeking a Sales Assistant that is located near Iowa City, IA, to join our growing team! This candidate will be a valuable asset to our Sales team, the day to day operations of the facility and will be a vital member to the overall success of the organization. You will be responsible for helping our Inside Sales Consultants with their customer requests, quotation follow-up, and record keeping. The goal for this position is to transition (grow/advance) into a full-time Sales Consultant within 12-18 months.
- Acquire pricing from vendors for Sales team
- Follow-up on orders placed by Sales team
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products, services, and deliveries
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Learn product line by taking wire and cable class provided by the company to develop and maintain a knowledge base of our evolving products and services
- Provide support to the Sales team; i.e. (assist with bids & quotes, answering customer calls, etc.)
- Expedite mailings and marketing materials to customers
- Driving the company vehicle when attending offsite Sales meetings or out to company lunches, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- A minimum education of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in customer service and/or sales, or other related fields
- Electrical distribution / wire & cable industry experience preferred but not required
- Proficient computer literacy (MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Positive, professional and outgoing demeanor is crucial as this candidate will interface with customers often
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Excellent administrative proficiency and customer service skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
Why Work at Metro Wire and Cable?
- Competitive Pay: Starting at $50,000/year, depending on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation / PTO
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing programs
- $25,000 company paid life insurance policy
- Company-wide trips every 5 years
- Full-time, Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm